PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear about that 89 guy that ran 49 people over?

laura99
07-17-2003, 08:06 PM
They really need to do something to test people on their driving skills. It's not really fair to set an age, I think they should test every 5 years, everyone, driving test everytime you get your license renewed hehe.

laura99
07-17-2003, 08:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/07/17/farmers.market.crash/index.html

laura99
07-17-2003, 08:07 PM
They've been saying 89 on the news but that site says 86. He can barely walk, he's using a cane. Definitely need to add a reflex test.

Jackie
07-17-2003, 08:20 PM
He is 87 in my paper LOL
Yesterday I was thinking on my way to P.T. because of an accident I was in. Thoughts of what to do.

They should have simulators...to test everyone. That is my solution and I am writing to the paper too.

15 gets you a License in Louisiana but you are still a kid and what kid knows about the kiiling machine they are driving???

The druck drivers take no responsibilities.

I don't know and I said, yesterday, they will make this one big deal, everywhere...but the elderly are killing less than the kids.

At least, I know that someone 80 is not likely to be out drinking until 3 and driving on the same street as me. I am happy very much so that I was not at the Farmers Market :( :( :(

It's so preventable...that is what is so very sad :( :( :(

TL
07-17-2003, 08:24 PM
it should be testing once a year for anyone over 60. perhaps the test should be cheaper for them though

Jackie
07-17-2003, 08:29 PM
They just need to take some control about who is on the road.
I have been in 3 acciden't..."sorry, I didn' see ya"
and my Dad got killed because of injuries in one " are you hurt mister, I didn't see you"

PPl are going crazy and we are potential victims out there. I am scared to drive with the lunitics I see :(

I need to go sleep, Laura you stated this just to keep me up, didn't you??? LOL:lol1:

I have to go because I have to get back....goodnight:dig:

laura99
07-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by crawfish
it should be testing once a year for anyone over 60. perhaps the test should be cheaper for them though

They can't really set an age because of discrimations and law suits to follow. The only thing they have here is instead of every 4 years, people over 75 have to come in every 3 years to renew and do their eye test. Last time I was in there I was talking to an old guy and he was worried about passing because of his eyes. He was barely walking and had a cane, moved real slow. I was scared hehe.

LadyMischief
07-17-2003, 09:17 PM
I still think he should get manslaughter charges.. he killed a CHILD among others.. Just because he's old doesn't mean he should be able to get out of the legal ramifications of his actions.

Rictor
07-18-2003, 12:18 AM
I had an old lady almost drive her car through the front of my store earlier this year.

gundamnage
07-18-2003, 02:07 AM
Its sad cause he's probably just going to walk. Anybody hear about the old lady who killed the Motorcycle cop. Poor guy just had a kid born. Old lady got out scott free...

Jackie
07-18-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by gundamnage
Its sad cause he's probably just going to walk. Anybody hear about the old lady who killed the Motorcycle cop. Poor guy just had a kid born. Old lady got out scott free...

No, I did not read about that.

A lady down my street couldn't stop because she has MS and could not feel her leg...she drove into the garage door. I told her but she keeps driving.
I know that it must be very hard to lose your independance but shoot with the taxes we pay we should have some public transportation but we don't. Just cabs that cost the older ppl a fortune.

She could have killed someone, someone else was lucky this time. She also hit a motorcycle a few months ago.

I know the way the story is going to go :(