PDA

View Full Version : Founding a company in the US for adult biz

shakta
01-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Hey there everyone again :)

I was member of this board before but my username/pass got lost somewhere. So here I am again.

We would like to found a company with my business partner to operate a sponsor program, however we don't know what US state to found it in.

Could you please help us with some advice? We are not too much into US obscenity laws, and I am reading on the boards that some webmasters are planning to move their place of business out of the US because of the next 4 years of Bush government.

We got recommendations for both Florida and Texas, but from people who are not into adult business.

What do you recommend? what are the pros and the cons? taxation is not an issue, but rather conformity to obscenity laws and other regulations that may hinder our business.

thank you very much for your help.

the Shemp
01-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Delaware or Nevada seem very popular....

shakta
01-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Delaware or Nevada seem very popular....

hey Shemp, thanks for the tip (and thanks for the nice traffic too you send to my galleries :cool:)

Do you have any reason for those states? are they more liberal? they are very popular among offshore people, and I fear the company will sound offshorish for certain clients. What do you think?

Are Delaware and Nevada popular amond adult entrepreneurs, or in general?

the Shemp
01-18-2005, 03:25 PM
hey Shemp, thanks for the tip (and thanks for the nice traffic too you send to my galleries :cool:)

Do you have any reason for those states? are they more liberal? they are very popular among offshore people, and I fear the company will sound offshorish for certain clients. What do you think?

Are Delaware and Nevada popular amond adult entrepreneurs, or in general?

i really dont want to give you legal advice, cuz chances are it will be wrong, but check out http://www.lawrencewalters.com/

shakta
01-18-2005, 04:35 PM
i really dont want to give you legal advice, cuz chances are it will be wrong, but check out http://www.lawrencewalters.com/

thanks for the link! I have contacted Mr. Walters.

bstrawse
01-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Delaware has laws that make it very advantgeous for any business to incorporate there.

But check with an attorney.

I've used bizfilings.com in the past for my legal filings - now I just do it myself.

B