PDA

View Full Version : Favorite movies

uno
11-15-2004, 03:24 AM
One of my favorite movies came on TV a few mins ago and it got me thinking... What are others favorite movies and why?

The movie that came on is Swimming with Sharks. It is pretty twisted and has some great lines in it. One is paraphrased from Winston Churchill.

I was young too. I felt just like you. Hated authority. Hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say. 'If you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains!' Because there are no storybook romances, no fairytale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself - What do you really want?

laura99
11-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Jaws, Erin Brockovich, Silence of the Lambs, The Patriot (mmm Mel), Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan. I haven't seen any great ones lately.

Rictor
11-15-2004, 03:31 AM
I don't even know if I have any favorites anymore...I used to. George Lucas kind of screwed up Star Wars for me...I find it painful to watch the trilogy on dvd with all the added crap. I like a lot of old black and white classics...and a lot of great movies were made in the 70s. Most films made these days are Hollywood shit.

uno
11-15-2004, 03:32 AM
I'm surprised anyone really likes the Patriot.

Rictor
Jaws, Erin Brockovich, Silence of the Lambs, The Patriot (mmm Mel), Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan. I haven't seen any great ones lately.

Yah, that's the kinda crap I'm talking about. Erin Brokovich. Some one should be shot for calling that film. Silence of the Lambs is okay...and Jaws was okay...but the rest of Laura's list...she should be shot for supporting that dreck.

uno
There isn't an option to take out all the added shit Lucas tossed in there?

I think I'll stick with my mid-90's vhs box set with nothing added.

uno
11-15-2004, 03:33 AM
Yah, that's the kinda crap I'm talking about. Erin Brokovich. Some one should be shot for calling that film. Silence of the Lambs is okay...and Jaws was okay...but the rest of Laura's list...she should be shot for supporting that dreck.
Does she like boybands too?

Angel
11-15-2004, 03:40 AM
I like the whole Silence of the lambs trilogy, American Beauty, Bruce Almighty, Hear no evil see no evil, Finding Nemo and there's probably more but I forget.

Seven888
11-15-2004, 04:33 AM
Kill Bill 1 is my personal, recent fave. :)

roger
11-15-2004, 05:01 AM
Shawshank redemption,the green mile or the quiet man,i love all the olsd laurel and hardy movies but i hate the way they have converted some into colour...

adamneve
11-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Traffic is one of my recent favourties

Extreme John
11-15-2004, 09:08 AM
It's so hard for me to pick a favorite. But let's see if I can name a few here:

The Program - Football Movie
Any Given Sunday
Anything with Denzell Washington
Bad Boys 2

I could probably keep going I love movies in general.

laura99
11-15-2004, 12:39 PM

I liked Erin Brockovich because it was a true story and it was a feel good movie. People got paid! It was mainly about creating one huge lawsuit against a gigantic company and then winning.

Recently I enjoyed Walking Tall. Mmmmm The Rock.

NaughtyJenn
11-15-2004, 12:41 PM
FIGHT CLUB!!!! great movie....

MP
11-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Both Kill Bills
Original King Kong
Original Planet Of The Apes
2001 Space Odyssey
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Movies tend to make a better impression when you are still young.