PDA

View Full Version : Ok..someone stop me quick!

Fluid
11-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Over the past week I've spent over $1000 on new and used tools. It's getting to be a habit, when checks come in I start looking for sales and hit the pawn shops.
I've picked up some good deals though. Circular saws, hammer drill and a saws all for under 100 each :) I have like 4 framing hammers now, 2 pickaxes, 2 shovels (one fiberglass and one wood) new axe and 2 different lazer levels.
That's not to mention the assorted sockets, wenches, drill bits and drivers I've picked up, or the 3 2' levels that were on sale.

They need to have a 12 step program for this kind of thing.

ChrisExtreme
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
You can never have enough tools!

Guess I'm not much help for your 12 step program. :)

Fluid
11-09-2004, 05:10 PM
no...I'm looking at welders online as I type this

ChrisExtreme
11-09-2004, 05:14 PM
no...I'm looking at welders online as I type this

Funny you should say that, after watching Monster Garage last week I've decided that the next thing I do is need to learn how to weld.

madabad
11-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Sorry can't help you I have the same addiction.:D

Baxter
11-09-2004, 05:30 PM
damn and i just sold my framing nailer (bostitch) and finish nailer (senco) with the pan air compresser like last month sorry man i could have gave ya more things to buy lol

Fluid
11-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I don't like nailers
When I was plumbing and had to remove studs to get tubs into newly framed buildings I used to twist the studs out by hand. You can't do that with studs that were nailed in by hand.

Extreme John
11-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Im the wrong person to turn to for help, I buy more shit than I can ever use or do use.

And yes Chris isnt lying he is all about becoming a master welder (which works out great for me, because I put Plasma TV's in all of my Tanning Salons so he can make the custom mounted brackets instead of me paying a fabricator).

hey Chris buy a bender while your at it :)

ChrisExtreme
11-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Im the wrong person to turn to for help, I buy more shit than I can ever use or do use.

And yes Chris isnt lying he is all about becoming a master welder (which works out great for me, because I put Plasma TV's in all of my Tanning Salons so he can make the custom mounted brackets instead of me paying a fabricator).

hey Chris buy a bender while your at it :)

Better yet, you buy the tools and I'll learn how to use them. :)

Extreme John
11-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Better yet, you buy the tools and I'll learn how to use them. :)

Now if I wanted to be a master welder I would buy the tools and I would expect that you should do the same, matter of fact Ill help you out, buy some books too, spend a bunch of money on it that way I know my shit is built right once your done with it :ballZ: