PDA

View Full Version : Medium Pimpin

Toker
09-06-2004, 10:28 PM
How's the water and plywood situtation round there?

XxXotic
09-06-2004, 10:47 PM
in case u hadnt seen he's got steel shutters over his windows not plywood

Toker
09-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by XxXotic
in case u hadnt seen he's got steel shutters over his windows not plywood

With all the pix of his house it was hard to miss...
I was talking about around the area in general..

No electric at the water plant means No water, and every store and alot of houses use plywood to protect the windows..

MP
09-07-2004, 01:57 AM
I am so far west, in the swamps that most of the infrastructure here is new, so all electric is under ground, so my city is in good shape no worries, the city's to the east are not doing as well, no water, no power, no gas, no power to run the pumps, and yea Home Depot has no wood.

Angel
09-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Medium Pimpin
Home Depot has no wood.

I heard mailman doesn't have any either :D

Dario
09-07-2004, 04:04 AM
I heard mailman doesn't have any either :D
oh he has it, just not enough to satisfy :D

Toker
09-07-2004, 05:02 AM
I am so far west, in the swamps that most of the infrastructure here is new, so all electric is under ground, so my city is in good shape no worries, the city's to the east are not doing as well, no water, no power, no gas, no power to run the pumps, and yea Home Depot has no wood.

Just curious,
I used to be in the Bottled Water Co in Chicago and can still get it wholesale.
I spend more time in Hot Springs, Ar. now where Mountain Vallery Water, Diamond Water and 2 more water cos are from..
I could have 3 semi loads of Gallon Bottles on the road in less than 3 hours if I wanted..
With the Mileage tween here and Orlando, the actual cost of the Water, and The Trucking it would cost between 26 and 28 cents a Gallon Bottle.

A Semi holds 5600 Gallon Bottles, so if there was the shortage of drinking water someone could get rid of a semi load in no time at $1.00 a bottle.
And That's less than the regular cost in the stores there.
If I took 30 cents a bottle times 5400 that's close to $1,700.00 a semi.
5400 times a Doller is $5400.00 so you're looking at around 3,500.00 proffit
per semi times 3..
If ya sold it from the truck in a store parking lot and gave the store owner a few Hundred, and figured another 500 bottles per truck you'd probably give away because some people wouldn't have any money. you're still looking at
over $2,500.00 proffit per truck or tween 7 and 8 thou for a few days it's something to think about..
A friend of mine made over 15 grand when Hugo went east a few years back.
And the best part is People really needed it then, he did it right tho and gave
alot away too..
You're going to have construction Cos from as far away as Illinois there
in a week or so.. Bush will funnel Billions of Government money into Florida
starting in less than a week..(He still has to pay for the election he bought..Hmmm)
As Ironic as it seems not only is this place a Bottled Water Hub but it'll all Forest.. This town is a National Park actually..
We have alot of Logging and both Georgia Pacfic and Wherehouser have mills within 25 miles..
The Plywood you get in Florida most likely comes from here anyway but It would be easy to also get flat beds of Plywood without a prob because
I play Poker and go to the RaceTrack with someone that's the Head Of Marketing at one.. The Plywood would have to be before the storm tho...

Just a thought but it wouldn't take more than a few phone calls really.

MP
09-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Any idea were "Mountain View" is in AK?

Angel
09-07-2004, 01:38 PM
umm at the top of the mountain? :D

Toker
09-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Any idea were "Mountain View" is in AK?

Yep, it's north of me about an hours drive..