PDA

View Full Version : I hate Godaddy...

AbulletAway
10-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Godaddy can suck big fat donkey dick!

I have one domain left with them. I wanted to transfer it out there last year but it was the day it expired so I just paid for the registration and kept it with them for one more year. It's a few days shy of year and I go to transfer the name to dirctnic. I get my authorization code, it won't let me get the auth code because I need to update my contact info. So, I go update that info. I go back to get the auth code and it now says next to the auth code button that transfer is locked for 60 days.

It does however still give me an auth code. I enter it in to directnic and all goes well. That is until this morning when I see that directnic needs to me to click a link to approve the transfer. I do so, only to be sent an email from godaddy informing me that when I updated my contact info at their fucking request that I agreed to keep the domain at godaddy for another 60 days.

So I call them, and for about 5 minutes have an argument with the dude on the phone because he won't believe that the domain is actually locked for 60 days. He tells me over and over again that all I need to do is get an authority code and restart the process. I finally get him to believe me after her finally sees where the domain is now locked for 60 days.

After a lengthy hold I am told that if I send an email to a specific address at godaddy they might be able to lift the lock. Key word, might!

When asked why I am transferring away, I said, to be honest, it's this kinda bullshit that has made me transfer all of my domains back to directnic.

I love how they sneak that 60 day bullshit in there. Their like a clingy girlfriend or wife that knows the relation is having problems and decides to go off birth control hoping to get pregnant thinking that will keep you from leaving.

Mr. Goat
10-02-2014, 02:37 PM
over the years i've actually come to like godaddy! :what: never was a fan but I have enjoyed their simple processes! maybe you just have some bad luck!

AbulletAway
10-02-2014, 02:54 PM
There's nothing simple about their process. It's one of the reasons I left. Just to buy a domain it's like a full of page of bullshit they want you to buy with the domain that you have to click past just to finally be able to pay for the domain. But, it doesn't end there. You also have to contend with their relentless emails and reminders about shit I don't want or need.

I like directnic. It's simple and easy. I buy a domain with them. My dns information is set to default so I ether hit accept or I click a drop down menu and chose another one and it's done. They don't bug me, they don't call me all the goddamn time, I won't hear from them again until it close to the domains expiration date. It's no hassle.

The only thing they do that I don't like is precheck the privacy box and I have to uncheck every time I buy or renew. I think that's total bullshit. But compared to the vast array of bullshit with godaddy, I almost don't blame for directnic for trying to make a few bucks.

A few years back I was helping a friend with a site. He is your basic computer user, he doesn't understand shit. He used godaddy. All he wanted to do was to buy a domain, I look at his account, he's got privacy, hosting, email, a website, they raped his ass for so much shit he didn't want because he didn't understand what he's doing. Though I agree it's his fault for being stupid. Godaddy has got take some responsibility for making the whole process confusing for the average user. The web is filled with godaddy horror stories like that. It's how they make their, raping the ignorant.

DarkWeb
10-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I have to say go daddy's approach is annoying and I'm sure it makes them a lot of money.....but blind clicking and not reading is pretty dumb. And I have done it myself with them, but every time I've called it was fixed and refunded, even days later when I realized I fucked up. But I'd blame your issue on getting old and forgetful :giggle:

Mr. Goat
10-02-2014, 06:39 PM
yeah they have a lot of up sells and thats a bitch but its not too bad .... now if they ever changed the layout or the upsell options then id be worried id be fucked with all their changes and get changed shit I did not want .. lol

MP
10-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Anything is better then Register.com.

AbulletAway
10-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Well, they're fucking me out of my domain. Or rather I am choosing to fuck myself because I'd rather fuck myself then be fucked by them. So I am going to let the domain expire rather than give those fucking extortionists another fucking dime.

They emailed me back asked for some info, they were too stupid to figure out on their own. Then they promptly responded back letting me know that I have two options, I can fax them and ID or they can reset the contact info to what it was and then in like 5 days I can transfer it or some bullshit.

I emailed them back and told them if they want to know it's me than they can fucking call me, but I am not going to jump through anymore hoops. It's not like I changed the name of the owner I updated the god damn email address because I don't have the other one any more.

They never responded so fuck those criminals, they can keep the goddamn domain.

MP
10-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Well, they're fucking me out of my domain. Or rather I am choosing to fuck myself because I'd rather fuck myself then be fucked by them. So I am going to let the domain expire rather than give those fucking extortionists another fucking dime.

They emailed me back asked for some info, they were too stupid to figure out on their own. Then they promptly responded back letting me know that I have two options, I can fax them and ID or they can reset the contact info to what it was and then in like 5 days I can transfer it or some bullshit.

I emailed them back and told them if they want to know it's me than they can fucking call me, but I am not going to jump through anymore hoops. It's not like I changed the name of the owner I updated the god damn email address because I don't have the other one any more.

They never responded so fuck those criminals, they can keep the goddamn domain.

We have an assigned rep see if Mailman can help.

Mr. Goat
10-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Anything is better then Register.com.

YES!

PurrsianPussyKat
10-05-2014, 08:46 PM
It's how they make their, raping the ignorant.

Hello? Grandma? It's me. Jimmy! I need some more money. Can you buy a few more magazines from me? :giggle:

Aišo
10-06-2014, 12:16 AM
I love GoDaddy, all my domains are with them, easy as pie to register a new one. Only thing you have to change is the default 5 years.

When I update DNS or @ IP's the changes go into effect by the time I finish getting a cup of coffee. It's so simple to make changes. Same for my clients, I can easily tell them how to make changes, give them screenshots or whatever they need to get it done.

Except for back in the days of $75 domains at Netsomething-something.com (forgotten the name) I've never used anything other than Godaddy. Never had a problem with them ever. Only time i've had to pay more is because I fucked up, and when you fuck up, you pay the price, that's life.

It's also one of the very few mainstream affiliate programs that I make steady income from.

Sounds like to me you're mad that they're trying to protect your domain from wrongful transfer, that's their job. How exactly is calling you going to verify it's you? Going to put them on video phone?

AbulletAway
10-07-2014, 12:00 PM
I love GoDaddy, all my domains are with them, easy as pie to register a new one. Only thing you have to change is the default 5 years.

When I update DNS or @ IP's the changes go into effect by the time I finish getting a cup of coffee. It's so simple to make changes. Same for my clients, I can easily tell them how to make changes, give them screenshots or whatever they need to get it done.

Except for back in the days of $75 domains at Netsomething-something.com (forgotten the name) I've never used anything other than Godaddy. Never had a problem with them ever. Only time i've had to pay more is because I fucked up, and when you fuck up, you pay the price, that's life.

It's also one of the very few mainstream affiliate programs that I make steady income from.

Sounds like to me you're mad that they're trying to protect your domain from wrongful transfer, that's their job. How exactly is calling you going to verify it's you? Going to put them on video phone?

I have done business with them for years. My number has been the same for years. The credit card on file has been the same for years. However, as it turns out. I understand some of why they did what they did. As it turns out, this domain was registered under business name. I didn't notice that when I changed the info. I just re-entered my name address and and phone number. So it was more than just an email change, it was a name change. That implies to them a different owner.

It's that change that triggered the 60 day transfer hold. I understand that now. What frustrates me is all the BS and hoops they wanted me to jump through. The credit card paying for everything hasn't changed, the phone number hasn't changed, the fact they have spoken with me over the phone several times over the years to get approval for shit suddenly didn't matter. I could call them and ask them to make changes to domain information in the past and they absolutely would make those changes over the phone. But, now, that's suddenly not good enough for them. It was bullshit plain and simple. There weren't trying to protect my domain or me. They just wanted to milk another 15 bucks out of me.

And, they did! Well, 9 bucks, I used a coupon and sadly had to re-register the domain with them. Then I initiated the transfer to directnic and they should have domain by tomorrow at the latest. Unless they come up with some new bullshit as to why I can't transfer the domain. And, I won't be surprised if they do.

plugin
10-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Godaddy is no longer the small friendly startup it has always acted like. All they see now is dollar signs, use www.namecheap.com.

Peedy
10-13-2014, 12:30 PM
I've done exactly what you have done and not had the 60 day thing come up at all. Weird. I've been transferring all my domains to NameSilo. I got tired of always hunting for a coupon code for godaddy. NameSilo is cheap all the time and is that small company like godaddy used to be when we all loved godaddy.

liga
10-14-2014, 02:34 PM
the only problem with them is that you have to be very very concentrated when you buy a domain otherwise you find yourself buying hosting for 20 years along with that domain

Peedy
10-14-2014, 03:17 PM
the only problem with them is that you have to be very very concentrated when you buy a domain otherwise you find yourself buying hosting for 20 years along with that domain

This is true. Although it has gotten a bit better than it once was.