PDA

View Full Version : Epoch Join Forms

Aišo
06-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Seems Epoch has changed their join pages. I personally don't like it. The logo is god awful and looks very amateur, also they now limit the types of payment options that are available for you to use by your current location. There is a thread about this on GFY, and Rand from Epoch posted about how they do everything with the precision of a scalpel.

I guess my question is this: What type of scalpel was it that made them think that just because a person is in a certain location, it means that they are from that location? Seems really stupid to limit the payment options by what location the person happens to be in at the moment. Really stupid actually. I think they need to resharpen their scalpel.

I love Epoch, but assuming that someone is limited to payment options because of their current location at the time, is very short sighted.

Example, I am in Thailand, so the only options it shows are Visa and Mastercard. What if I was a European on vacation here, or retired here, and I wanted to use on of the many Euro payment options that Epoch offers because my bank is actually in Europe? They're not there, and there is no button for "See more payment options", so I just lost out on a sale because Epoch thinks that a persons current location should determine what payment option choices they have available to them.

Just seems really unthought out, and I see no point in doing it other than trying to make use of some fancy dancy geo targeting script.

Toby
06-09-2013, 12:09 AM
On a join form the only thing a geo script should be used for is currency preference.

Aišo
06-09-2013, 12:55 AM
On a join form the only thing a geo script should be used for is currency preference.

I totally agree. Just seems stupid to limit payment options, for any reason. I just don't see how Epoch even thought this was a good idea.

MP
06-11-2013, 08:05 PM
I totally agree. Just seems stupid to limit payment options, for any reason. I just don't see how Epoch even thought this was a good idea.

Maybe they hired someone from CCBILL?

Aišo
06-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Maybe they hired someone from CCBILL?

Seems that way. What's even more retarded is that when when you change the Country info in the form, the billing options don't change. It's not fucking rocket science. Now I wish I would have kept CCBill so I could put them first on the cascade, this shit is retarded.