PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about starting a webcam site.. Advices needed

Ecchi22
07-17-2012, 11:11 AM
My friend wants to invest in creating a Webcam website with female models etc.

He already has a server farm, team of programmers and designers, but I would really appreciate some of your advices and answers to these questions:

- Which payment processors are the best out there and work best with Webcam sites?
- Is there any famous software/script out there that has those functionalities? If you know some, please name them..
- What are the decent requirements when it comes to equipment? What should he expect to buy or require from models in order to be competitive?

Any other thoughts are welcomed! :)

Aišo
07-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Model provided their own computers, I've never heard of a cam site buying or providing anything to the models other than payments.

With that being said, I think you've got to be bat shit crazy to open up a cam site and try to compete with the many already well established sites that are out there. Unless he has a shit ton of traffic to instantly dump on his site from day one, models aren't going to make any money there and will be gone after a day.

If he has the domain name, why doesn't he try starting with a whitelabel first, and see how well that does.

thelegacy
07-17-2012, 02:28 PM
You really need a hook - strong database of women - and enough studios to cover off the supply and demand. It can work and although there are many out there - people do get tired after a while of seeing the same ol same ol. So be unique and have depth not doing things to fast. Traffic is key and you'll need to make sure you can create and maintain it in order to keep the girls busy and happy too.