PDA

View Full Version : Preferred anti-virus program?

Evil Chris
06-27-2012, 09:49 AM
I've been a Norton user as long as I can remember and I'm due to re-new in a few days.

Should I just keep using it? $59.99 for 3 installs.

Anything better out there? Suggest please.

Paul&John
06-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Avast works fine for me.. was using NOD32 before that.

dizmo
06-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Shadow Defender, and MS security essentials just for the hell of it

Toby
06-27-2012, 01:20 PM
http://free.avg.com

artwilliams
06-27-2012, 01:57 PM
On my Linux laptop, nothing but on Windows I use Avast (http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download).

AbulletAway
06-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I was using avg for free for years. Then several months ago, I mentioned it on a thread and everyone came at me like I was so behind the times for still using it when everyone is using Avast now. So I have been using Avast now for those several months. It's free. Seems to use less system resources then avg. But, I kinda like AVG better.

djroof
06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't use but most of my friends has Avast and some others Panda.

pc
06-27-2012, 02:16 PM
I've been using MS security essentials for the last few months and I think it works.
Before that I had Comodo and AVG, also good ones and free.

Oldguy
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Avast for years now

Evil Chris
06-27-2012, 03:00 PM
A lot of votes for Avast. I should look them up. Never tried them before.
I'm just a little fed up with paying Norton their $49.99 every year (3 installs)

Someone recommended Microsoft Security Essentials to me so I installed it on the two PCs in the house. I have to say, it was a quick and easy install and seems to take up way less in terms of system resources. It's completely free as well.

I may do the same for this machine (work laptop).

AVG and Avast... aren't they free for a limited time only and then you need to pay?

AbulletAway
06-27-2012, 03:28 PM
A lot of votes for Avast. I should look them up. Never tried them before.
I'm just a little fed up with paying Norton their $49.99 every year (3 installs)

Someone recommended Microsoft Security Essentials to me so I installed it on the two PCs in the house. I have to say, it was a quick and easy install and seems to take up way less in terms of system resources. It's completely free as well.

I may do the same for this machine (work laptop).

AVG and Avast... aren't they free for a limited time only and then you need to pay?

Nope, just download the free versions of either. I think during the install it will ask if you want to install the "full" version or the free. Just stick with the free versions they are fine and they both with most email programs.