PDA

View Full Version : CNN App...

AbulletAway
02-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I've become addicted to it. It's become my bathroom buddy. Take my cell phone with me to my porcelain throne and read what's happening in the world.

Yesterday they had a story about the pythons in Florida. Florida officials have known it was bad. But, it's actually gotten worse than they thought. They have been studying the mammal population over the past 11 years. Rabbits, foxes, bobcats and so on have seen a reduction in population by as high as 98%. The whole ecosystem is going to change if they don't start hunting the shit outta those snakes. With populations reductions that server already, I already think it's too late.

I wonder what the everglades are gonna be like in another 20 to 30 years. I am guessing, completely different. All those gators aren't gonna have anything to eat soon. This means they will start making their ways deeper into cities. And, there's gonna be an increase in fatalities and injuries over the next 5 to 10 years. Then the government will step in and start hunting the gators assuring that no animals will survive. It's gonna be ugly if they don't get off their asses and do something.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/31/pythons-wiping-out-mammals-in-everglades-researchers-say/

Mr. Goat
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Entertaining bullet while he poops.... there's an app for that!

Reppy
02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
The population growth would have to begin to stagnate and then reduce wouldn't it? I mean as yummy as humans are they're not that easy to catch, especially on their home turf (or concrete or tar).

AbulletAway
02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
The population growth would have to begin to stagnate and then reduce wouldn't it? I mean as yummy as humans are they're not that easy to catch, especially on their home turf (or concrete or tar).

Well, yes and no. Humans are pretty stupid and seem to go out of their to be on the menu. As it is now, it's quite common for gators to be found on front door steps, even inside homes and garages. You open a door and there's a gator. Most of the times, the people notice in time and back away, the gators aren't that aggressive and animal control can be called. But, with their natural food sources disappearing, their trips in to the city will be more for food rather than sun bathing or whatever they do it for now.

But, also as I mention you can't count out human stupidity. For example. I remember several years ago staying at Kevin's house. He had this canal in his back yard, for some dumb reason Floridians don't do fences, I mean of all the fucking places in this country to have a fence, Florida is the place you really need one. Again, the stupidity of the average Floridian. Anyways, this canal has gators in it. I've seen them, it's no secret. Standing next to the waters edge in opinion is not smart. So one day I look across the canal and there's a dude with some young girl, maybe 4 or 5 years old. He's checking shit out and she's playing right at the water's edge splashing a stick into the water, throwing rocks in it and so on.

Now imagine the normally calm gators a few years from now when there's just no food left, that little girl would have been lunch.

Naughty-Pages
02-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Maybe I'll have to check that app out sometime, thanks for the pointer.

Panky
02-01-2012, 09:48 PM

:lol1:

AbulletAway
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
:lol1:

That made me LOL to.

SCORE-Ralph
02-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Generally speaking, canal homes do have fences, gates, and/or raised barrage that keep out gators. Sure, in poorer neighborhoods, the owners can't afford a decent fence. Ive never been to a home down here where its all open like that though.

DarkWeb
02-02-2012, 07:22 PM

LOL