PDA

View Full Version : Spartacus is BACK!!!

smutnut
01-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Spartacus is already on ONDEMAND if you have cable. Season 2 Premiere. Thought some of you might like to know

Reppy
01-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Cool. I thought it was back on the 27th January.

smutnut
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Cool. I thought it was back on the 27th January.

I think officially but you can watch the premiere on line if you don't have OnDemand. I can't decide about it yet. Loved first season as it built up

Reppy
01-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Probably blocked from watching it from Australia anyways.

smutnut
01-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Probably blocked from watching it from Australia anyways.

ON Starz? http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus/Videos/#/episode-201?src=starz_marketing&med=email&content=012012_e_stzsps2sample&cmp=programming

It was okay. These guys are good writers for Russ Meyer meets Sam Peckinpah stuff

I just watched it on OnDemand, but the link i gave you is the way I watched BOSS Premiere

It's on next Friday officially anyway

Reppy
01-21-2012, 02:10 AM
ON Starz? http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus/Videos/#/episode-201?src=starz_marketing&med=email&content=012012_e_stzsps2sample&cmp=programming

Thanks.

smutnut
01-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Thanks.

sorry did my best. could try the torrents but probably not on there yet

Reppy
01-21-2012, 07:37 AM
sorry did my best. could try the torrents but probably not on there yet
I appreciate it.

I'll just have to wait.

smiley
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Spartacus is already on ONDEMAND if you have cable. Season 2 Premiere. Thought some of you might like to know

season 2? isnt this going to be season 3? or are you not in the states and get it a season behind? ask because i do look forward to the new season

me thinks i got it figured out...Prequel isnt being considered a season...

nice...thanks for the good news!!

smutnut
01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
season 2? isnt this going to be season 3? or are you not in the states and get it a season behind? ask because i do look forward to the new season

me thinks i got it figured out...Prequel isnt being considered a season...

nice...thanks for the good news!!

Yeah the second season was really a prequel and filler space.

Without bashing it, I think the season 2 opener could have been better because season 1 always made me think I knew what was going to happen and it was always a little different.

I'll get into it more after you guys see it. It's still pretty good and probably needs some time

Smiley, you should be able to click that link right? You're in the states

AriGold
01-21-2012, 06:31 PM
I appreciate it.

I'll just have to wait.

Reppy, I use this service to get a US IP!!!

I got netflix too ;)

http://www.unblock-us.com/

Reppy
01-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Watching it now.

Love this quote: "You had me at whores."

smutnut
01-30-2012, 07:15 AM
Watching it now.

Love this quote: "You had me at whores."

Yeah, that stuff is cool, but don't you think it's lacking in the script a little compared to first season. Like every episode (just about) in the first season went in a different direction than you expected. Also the main character was much more of a anti hero. Antagonists seemed a lot more formidable too.

Realize it's only been one episode, but I waited a long time for this return.

I'm sure it will pick up and maybe it's just me. It's definitely still bloody and perverted enough to keep me watching LOL

JayDeeZee
01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
I was a huge fan of the first season!

I like to watch these at the gym, but there's so much sex. I need to find a treadmill in the corner.

smutnut
02-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Okay, I have to say it. After about 4 episodes this is almost as bad as Sons Of Anarchy without the motorcycles

first season was awesome. this is really sad

Aišo
02-11-2012, 12:09 AM
The writing on that show sucks. Take away the blood and naked chicks, and it's dumb as fuck.

Reppy
02-11-2012, 03:03 AM
The writing on that show sucks. Take away the blood and naked chicks, and it's dumb as fuck.
Why does it take him so long to break out of slavery? I mean it took a whole season, a WHOLE SEASON.

AriGold
03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I had never seen it before, but after this thread decided to grab it and watch it.

LOVED the first 2 seasons (well season 1 and the prequel) but having just watched Ep 1 od Season 2, I have to say that it has a different feel, but I think it's because there is no Andy Whitfield! I mean, it's a little hard to have him on the show when he passed away last year, but the new actor feels like an impostor - no where near as good as Andy!!

smutnut
03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I had never seen it before, but after this thread decided to grab it and watch it.

LOVED the first 2 seasons (well season 1 and the prequel) but having just watched Ep 1 od Season 2, I have to say that it has a different feel, but I think it's because there is no Andy Whitfield! I mean, it's a little hard to have him on the show when he passed away last year, but the new actor feels like an impostor - no where near as good as Andy!!

No, dude this is probably one of the worst screw ups I have ever seen in my fucking life. Last weeks episode was almost watchable, but this season is fucking horrible. The characters are one dimensional. I don't know if the actors can act or not cause they don't have scripts to try to act on, and the plot is going absolutely nowhere. First season he was a dirty hateful anti hero with good reason. This year he's a comic book superhero that makes superman look less heroic

In fairness I was amazed at how great the first season was because of the overall plot of the Spartacus story to begin with and the fact that they were playing off of the success of 300, but it's hard seeing something they made so good tank so fucking badly.

Anyways, BOSS was fucking awesome, But I've yet to see STARZ get two good season out of anything they ever did yet. Stick with HBO, LOL

smiley
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
No, dude this is probably one of the worst screw ups I have ever seen in my fucking life. Last weeks episode was almost watchable, but this season is fucking horrible. The characters are one dimensional. I don't know if the actors can act or not cause they don't have scripts to try to act on, and the plot is going absolutely nowhere.

+1 QFT

boobs will only get me so far....this year "Spartacus" just doesnt seem like a bad ass like before...he doesnt fit the part imho and as stated most of the characters are one dimensional....

smutnut
03-05-2012, 05:40 PM
+1 QFT

boobs will only get me so far....this year "Spartacus" just doesnt seem like a bad ass like before...he doesnt fit the part imho and as stated most of the characters are one dimensional....

It's a damn shame too. I thought they did an awesome job first season. I actually wanted to not like it because I watch too much crap now, but that show was so fucking good I had to watch every episode and it paid off all the way to the end of the season. Now it's just your typical crap!

so sad.

Dexter too though but that took five seasons so that's a lot of writing

Big Love took three and then you had to sit through 2 ugly fucking final seasons