PDA

View Full Version : Another one of my favorite books is gonna be a movie...

AbulletAway
11-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Dean Koontz wrote a series of books about a young guy named Odd Thomas. They are making the first book into a movie scheduled for release sometime next year. The book was so good. Can't wait for the movie.

http://www.deankoontz.com/dean-speaks-about-the-odd-thomas-movie/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1767354/

riddler
11-20-2011, 09:13 AM
You mean one of your favorite Audio Books, right????

iggysick
11-20-2011, 12:39 PM
He wrote some horrors right?
I remember reading few of his books long time ago.

AbulletAway
11-20-2011, 01:45 PM
You mean one of your favorite Audio Books, right????

I read it first as I recall. I late listened to it on a road trip with my dad. Doesn't matter, audio books are the same thing, it's not the story changes. Either you read it or it's someone reading it to you.

vdc-loki
11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
I like audiobooks over reading a book, I can multitask with audiobooks :)

Stephen King's "Cell" was supposed to be a movie, dunno why it never happened yet, Eli Roth was set to direct it.

Neil Gaiman's American Gods (GREAT BOOK!!!) is slated to be an HBO series in the next 2 years if I recall right.

-Loki-

AbulletAway
11-20-2011, 11:17 PM
I like audiobooks over reading a book, I can multitask with audiobooks :)

Stephen King's "Cell" was supposed to be a movie, dunno why it never happened yet, Eli Roth was set to direct it.

Neil Gaiman's American Gods (GREAT BOOK!!!) is slated to be an HBO series in the next 2 years if I recall right.

-Loki-

Stephen Kings Bag of Bones is gonna be a minni-series. Forgot what channel and forgot who's in it. But was watching some talk show the other day and one of the actors being interviewed mentioned he just finished shooting it, or just started shooting it.

vdc-loki
11-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Stephen Kings Bag of Bones is gonna be a minni-series. Forgot what channel and forgot who's in it. But was watching some talk show the other day and one of the actors being interviewed mentioned he just finished shooting it, or just started shooting it.

My oldest was telling me about that this afternoon, sadly she thought it was Cell lol, but then she went back and checked and it was bag of bones.

-Loki-

AbulletAway
11-21-2011, 01:27 AM
I loved The Cell. For some reason I always think about the begining of the book when the main character is stopped at an ice cream truck or vendor. Two teen girls are in front of him and he thought of them as pixie light and pixie dark. And, then of course all hell breaks loose but I just couldn't help but feel sad for the two girls.

vdc-loki
11-21-2011, 01:32 AM
I loved The Cell. For some reason I always think about the begining of the book when the main character is stopped at an ice cream truck or vendor. Two teen girls are in front of him and he thought of them as pixie light and pixie dark. And, then of course all hell breaks loose but I just couldn't help but feel sad for the two girls.

foe foe you you ;)

one of my fav king books for sure!

-Loki-

AriGold
11-21-2011, 05:39 AM
I fucking loved Odd Thomas... quite a spin out - I always thought it would make an awesome movie!