PDA

View Full Version : What is the CJ site?

manca
07-01-2004, 06:55 PM
The question is simple. I need info, what's the CJ site?
Thanks a lot ;)
See ya.

dizmo
07-01-2004, 07:53 PM
circle jerk. where u jerk the surfers around without giving them any content.

.r

andrewst
07-01-2004, 09:42 PM
or these nice people
http://tgp.consumptionjunction.com/cj.php

manca
07-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by remote
circle jerk. where u jerk the surfers around without giving them any content.

.r
I don't understand you? Please give me some tutors.
Thx.

Fluid
07-02-2004, 12:59 PM
circle jerk, it's an older style of site that offers up very little in the way of content, promising pictures, videos or galleries to get a surfer clicking. The idea was to make the surfer click so much that they would get frustrated and join a sponsor. Or you could sell the clicks to a blind link sponsor for a up to a couple of cents a hit.

I know guys who made litterally millions of dollars this way, but it pissed off surfers and other webmasters linking to it. Now it's quasi-illegal and VERY hard to get link trades with any quality traffic for those sites. Mainly it's just a way of moving around crap traffic now.

I think I might have a tutorial or two on it in http://www.pimpinresources.com , but I'm not sure, it's a very old style site structure.

Brav
07-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Yep, thats about it. Mainly blind links to trades and sponsors, little or no real content, I think CJ sites were more popular back in the PPC Sponsor days, where quantity was good and quality didnt matter so much.

manca
07-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Fluid, thanks bro. That i needed ;)
Btw. did u hear ever about CJ2 site?

Fluid
07-04-2004, 05:17 AM
Ya..it's a new friendlier version of the cj's.
I never worked with it much so I'm not really sure of the requirements, but a quick search for it on google should bring up some stuff. Allofem.com might still review a cj2 discussion board as well, but I don't know, haven't worked for them for years either :P

AbulletAway
07-05-2004, 10:50 PM
This thread frightens me.

Fluid
07-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Bullet, scarey as it sounds, Anthony from the old netpond used to control more traffic then the hun this way daily, for years. At PPC he must have made a killing.
I tried it for awhile, made some money at it, but it's really hard to feed traffic to. I think every webmaster should make a small one though, because it forces you to think of different ways to manipulate surfers and get them to click. It's good practice for later on when you lay out your fake tgps and for making galleries that get a higher click through to sponsors too.

manca
07-06-2004, 12:21 PM
thanx for the info Fluid. I'll try to find some good tutors about CJ and CJ2 sites.
Please provide me some links,
thanks

AbulletAway
07-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Fluid
Bullet, scarey as it sounds, Anthony from the old netpond used to control more traffic then the hun this way daily, for years. At PPC he must have made a killing.
I tried it for awhile, made some money at it, but it's really hard to feed traffic to. I think every webmaster should make a small one though, because it forces you to think of different ways to manipulate surfers and get them to click. It's good practice for later on when you lay out your fake tgps and for making galleries that get a higher click through to sponsors too.

CJ cites don't scare me. A webmaster not knowing what they are does. But, I guess we all have to start to learn sometime.

manca
07-07-2004, 04:54 PM
I think that CJ sites have the geatest chance to sell something ;)
I need tutors. people.