PDA

View Full Version : plural or singular domain?

dgchi
12-22-2010, 09:17 PM
when you are buying a new domain for a site, and you are faced with picking between plural or singular, do you go with singular because it is one character shorter, or do you go with plural thinking people might be looking for plural, and does google treat both the same?

ie. if someone searches for "girl with nice boobs" vs. "girls with nice boobs" will google favor a site that has the domain "bigboobsgirls.com" over "bigboobsgirl.com"?

does it ever drive you crazy trying to decide that you end up registering both variations, and the .nets and .orgs too :giggle:

PMC
12-23-2010, 12:12 AM
i check which gets more searches first, thats how i base my purchases

dgchi
12-23-2010, 12:45 AM
what is your preferred method of checking? adwords utility of some sort?

PMC
12-23-2010, 02:30 AM
Wordtracker, though you have to sign up now and you are limited to the amount of searches per day. I have found it to be the most accurate.

Gin
12-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Well, i don't work in big boobs niche, but for me it doesn't matter will i use "gay" or "gays" in my domain:)
And usually i always try to go only with .com domains. If .com is not available, then i take .net.

ShiftyEyedBstrd
12-23-2010, 06:01 AM
Unless I'm absolutely targeting the exact on singular, I try to go for the plural. Ranks just about as well and I have two terms I can target.

the Shemp
12-23-2010, 07:24 AM
when you are buying a new domain for a site, and you are faced with picking between plural or singular, do you go with singular because it is one character shorter, or do you go with plural thinking people might be looking for plural, and does google treat both the same?

ie. if someone searches for "girl with nice boobs" vs. "girls with nice boobs" will google favor a site that has the domain "bigboobsgirls.com" over "bigboobsgirl.com"?

does it ever drive you crazy trying to decide that you end up registering both variations, and the .nets and .orgs too :giggle:

tit.com ot tits.com..?
i would take the tits...

llcoolrobb
12-25-2010, 06:11 PM
when in doubt i would buy both and have a redirect!

HunkyLuke
12-26-2010, 12:57 PM
I try to decide what sounds right, for instance, bigboobsgirls is good for a site with lots of girls with big boobs, whereas bigboobsgirl to me says its just one girl featured on your site.

And yes, a lot of the time i end up registering both just to protect my domain brand, esp if its for a paysite.

boobnpimpn
01-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I like to go with what ever makes sense grammatically and what matches a meta keyword or two. When in doubt I use adwords keyword tool for what gets that juicy Google traffic. When I use keyword based plural domain names, I just reg the .com or .net, but with unique brand potential names I 'll just buy everything relevant.

kaz
01-02-2011, 11:19 AM
when in doubt i would buy both and have a redirect!

I like this idea, that way you're covered on almost all fronts. And at about $10, you really can't lose